When it comes to having a great coffee experience, there are a lot of options available.
You can choose to buy pre-ground coffee, buy an automatic coffee machine, or make it yourself using a traditional coffee maker.
In this article, we will be comparing two popular coffee makers that you can choose from – the Ninja CP301 and the Ninja CP307.
Both of these coffee makers make coffee quickly and easily, but as a coffee freak myself, there are some useful functions on both the Ninja CP301 and CP307, but, my favorite is the Ninja CP307.
Let’s jump in!
Table of Contents
Ninja CP301 vs CP307: Quick Comparison Summary
- The Ninja CP301 Carafe is a glass carafe, whereas the Ninja CP307 Carafe is a thermal carafe.
- Ninja CP301 is slightly cheaper, while Ninja CP307 is more expensive with a price difference of $20 extra.
- Both the Ninja CP301 and the Ninja CP307 have a capacity of 1 fluid ounce (10 cups) and an interface of buttons, respectively.
- All the features of the Ninja CP301 and Ninja CP307 coffee makers include a built-in fold-away frother, a removable water reservoir, and a Ninja Scoop with on-board storage.
- Both the Ninja CP301 and CP307 were released in 2018, and their weights are almost identical at 11.09 pounds.
- For good reason, the Ninja CP307 is extremely popular. The Ninja CP301 is less popular when compared to the Ninja CP307.
- My personal favorite is the Ninja CP307 as I drink quite a lot of coffee each day and it’s specialty features stand out.
Ninja CP301 Review
The Ninja CP301 is a great coffee maker for both beginners and seasoned coffee drinkers. Its sleek, black design makes it look neat and professional. The Ninja CP301 has a variety of specialty functions that make it stand out from other drip coffee makers.
The coffee machine has Glass carafe technology. This means that it will preserve the flavor of your coffee for up to four hours after brewing. It also brews warm, allowing you a warm cup to enjoy for longer.
The Ninja CP301 machine comes with a one-touch brew feature, so all you have to do is push a button and it will brew a perfect cup of coffee in under two minutes.
Ninja CP301 comes with a 50-ounce glass carafe. The Glass carafe maintains the ideal balance between brew temperature and drinking warmth.
This milk frother has a fold-away function, which means you can use it in any cup or glass. It quickly transforms hot and cold milk into silky and delicate foam for coffees such as:
- Milky coffees
- Whites (with loads of lovely crema!)
The water tank is easy to remove which makes filling the water reservoir simple.
Additional Ninja CP301 Features:
- Brew multiple brew sizes, ranging from a pod free single cup or travel mug, all the way up to a full Carafe.
- This coffee maker is compact and takes up less space on your kitchen countertop.
- Hot brewing lets you enjoy a bold, flavorful cup of hot coffee or tea; Or brew over ice to create full-flavored, refreshing iced beverages.
- Brew your favorite style of tea, whether you use tea bags or loose-leaf, with the specially designed tea brew basket.
- Auto IQ one-touch intelligence technology.
- Built-in frother turns hot or cold milk into a silky smooth froth in seconds, with nothing more than the press of a button; The thermal Carafe is not dishwasher safe.
- Light in weight, making it easier to move and position accordingly.
Ninja CP301 Pros
- Five brewing styles for coffee and tea
- Six brew sizes
- Fold-away hot and cold frother
- Create iced beverages (iced coffee) with the brew over ice function
- Hot brewing that brings out bold coffee flavour
- Removable water reservoir
Ninja CP301 Cons
- Small water reservoir.
Ninja CP307 Review
The Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System CP307 comes with one distinct advantage: a double-walled thermal carafe that keeps your coffee warmer longer. This feature is a great help if you are making coffee for a lot of people. It also offers the ability to make both hot and cold drinks due to its internal heating element.
The Ninja CP307 coffee maker is slightly more expensive than the Ninja CP301, but it does offer a few additional features worth considering.
It comes with a unique water filter that makes the water taste better each time you make coffee. It also comes with a frother that will allow you to make your own milk foam for your coffee, instead of using store-bought creamers.
Ninja CP307 Brewed System provides you with six brew sizes to brew anything from a single cup just for you or a pot of coffee for a group of people with no pods required. It is also quieter than the CP301.
You will have the freedom to serve great cups of coffee in multiple sizes:
Available Cup Sizes
- Small / Medium Cup
- XL Cup
- Travel Mug
- XL Multi-Serve
- Half Carafe
- Full carafe
Ninja CP307 provides five different brew styles. You can choose either Classic Brew for a balanced cup or Rich brew for an intense-flavored cup.
Remember, you can get creative and make iced coffee with its unique cold brew type. The specialty combines coffee or tea with frothed milk to create delicious drinks.
Additional Ninja CP307 Features:
- Coffee and tea brew settings: Brewing technology offers an array of coffee and tea options.
- Cold brew coffee and tea: Brew cold coffee at a lower temperature for a smooth, naturally sweet flavor in 10 to 15 minutes.
- Smart basket recognition: The system recognizes the basket and displays coffee or tea drink options.
- Separate coffee and tea baskets: Brew coffee or loose or bagged tea to keep flavors separate.
- 5 brew styles: Choose your strength with classic, rich, over-ice, cold brew, or specialty.
- Six brew sizes: Brew anything from a single cup or travel size to a half-carafe or full carafe in your coffee maker.
- Brew directly into a cup with the coffee brewer: Use any brand of coffee or tea, loose leaf or bagged.
- Tea type: Select your tea type and the system knows the temperature and number of steps needed.
- 50 Ounces (10 cups) thermal carafe: keeps your coffee and tea hot for up to 2 hours.
Ninja CP307 Pros
- Removable water reservoir
- Ninja hot and cold-brewed system.
- 5 brew styles.
- You can brew up to 10 mugs with it.
- Many adjustability choices.
Ninja CP307 Cons
- It may be a bit expensive
Comparison Table: Ninja CP301 vs CP307
|Specifications||Ninja CP301||Ninja CP307|
|Dimensions||11.8 x 10 x 15 (LWH)||11.8 x 10 x 15 (LWH)|
|Weight||11.9 pounds||11.73 pounds|
|Carafe Size||50 ounce||50 ounce|
|Display & Controls||Digital||Digital|
|Programmable Delay Brew||Yes||Yes|
|Brew Time||10-15 minutes||10-15 minutes|
|Permanent Filter||coffee & Tea||coffee & Tea|
|Removable Water Reservoir||Yes||Yes|
|Water reservoir capacity||50 oz||50 oz|
Related Read: Ninja CP301 vs CM401: Which One is Better for You?
Differences Between: Ninja CP301 vs CP307
The Main Difference Between the Ninja Hot & Cold Brewed System™, CP301 and CP307 is the carafe. The CP301 has a Glass Carafe and a warming plate. The CP307 has a Thermal Carafe that does not have to stay on the machine to keep the coffee hot.
On the control panel, there are two dials. One dial is to select the brew size, and the other is to select the brew style and start the coffee/tea-making process.
Those are the only two things you need to worry about to make delicious tea and coffee. The user manual is very easy to understand, and you can learn the rest of the advanced features from there.
There may be an initial learning process as you have to use dials to control most of the settings on both machines, but it’s very easy and efficient.
The control panels on both of the Ninja coffee machines are easy to use.
Ninja hot and cold-brewed system Ninja CP301 vs CP307 coffee machines have the same 50-ounce capacity. Both can brew sweet coffee or tea in less than ten minutes.
However, each model has a distinct sort of carafe. The 301 comes with a glass carafe, while the rival has a thermal carafe. Your preference will determine whether you choose a thermal or a glass carafe.
The Ninja CP301 is more cost-effective compared to the Ninja CP307. This makes it a great option if you’re on a tight budget but still want a quality coffee maker wiht a variety of brewing options.
The Ninja CP307 and CP301 designs have some differences. Both offer a clean and elegant style that will keep your kitchen looking modern and sleek.
One side of the machine has a large brewer for brewing directly into a cup, while the other side features a control panel.
Both the Ninja CP301 and CP307 coffee makers are 9.5 x 11 x 15 inches and weigh 11 pounds. They appear to be fairly small, light, and inoffensive for your kitchen space!
The only visible variation between the CP301 and CP307 models is the CP307’s thermal carafe, whereas the Ninja CP301 features a glass carafe.
If you don’t drink your coffee for more than two hours, the thermal carafe is the ideal solution. The carafe will keep the coffee quality and progressively lose heat.
Both the Ninja CP301 and CP307 are easy to clean, but the CP301 is known to be slightly easier.
If you’ve ever used a traditional coffee maker, you know how hard it can be to clean. The coffee filter can get clogged with coffee grounds, and it can take some time to clear the grounds out of the coffee grinder.
However, you do not need to worry about cleaning issues with the Ninja CP301 due to its ‘auto-iQ system’.
The auto-iQ system is a self-cleaning function that makes it super easy for you to just turn on the machine and let it do all the cleaning for you.
How to Choose the Best Coffee Maker for Your Needs?
There are a few things to consider when choosing your next coffee appliance.
Frequency of Use: If coffee is a daily ritual in your home, invest in a machine with a high-quality grinder and a large water reservoir for fewer refills.
Kitchen Space Constraints: Limited counter space calls for a more compact coffee maker that still performs well.
If you drink coffee every day, it is worth investing in the Ninja CP307 even though it is slightly more expensive.
Lastly, consider your coffee taste preferences in your household.
If everyone has different tastes and preferences then getting a coffee machine with pre-sets like “cafe,” “french roast,” or “espresso” would be the best choice – again this would be the Ninja CP307.
The Bottom Line
Both of these machines have their own pros and cons.
The main difference is that the Ninja CP301 Carafe is a glass carafe, whereas the Ninja CP307 Carafe is a thermal carafe, and the CP301 does not have a grinder.
Personally, I prefer the Ninja CP307 coffee machine as I drink coffee daily, I like the flexibility of flavor and brew types, plus the thermal carafe of the CP307 does the trick.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Ninja CP301 and CP307?
The main difference between Ninja CP301 and Ninja CP307 is the thermal carafe and glass carafe. The CP301 has a Glass Carafe and a warming plate. The CP307 has a Thermal Carafe that does not have to stay on the machine to keep the coffee hot.
What is the difference between Ninja cfp301 and cfp305?
This is the CFP305, which is closest to the CFP301. Only difference appears to be 301 has a glass carafe and warmer plate, 305 has no warmer plate but a stainless steel carafe.
Does the ninja coffee maker have a warming plate?
The Intelligent Warming Plate plate is activated when brewing a Half Carafe or Full Carafe on either Classic Brew, Rich Brew, or Specialty Brew.
How much time does it take to brew a carafe?
It takes a little over 10 minutes to brew a full carafe.