Find out the difference between the Delonghi La Specialista Vs Breville Barista Express, Which One is Better For You, and which one is the best to buy?
So you’re in the market for a new espresso machine and you can’t decide between the Delonghi La Specialista and the Breville Barista Express? Well, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we will compare and contrast these two machines so that you can make an informed decision. We’ll discuss things like price, features, ease of use, and more. By the end of this article, you should have a good idea of which machine is right for you.
Read more: How to Clean a Delonghi Espresso Machine?
Breville Barista Express Review
The Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine is the perfect way to enjoy third-wave specialty coffee at home. Using the 4-key formulas, this espresso machine delivers rich and flavourful espresso with any roast bean. The integrated precision conical burr grinder grinds on-demand.
It delivers the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste. The low-pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and helps ensure all the flavours are drawn out of the coffee beans for a truly delicious cup of espresso. Finished in brushed stainless steel, this machine will make a great addition to any kitchen.
It is simple and intuitive, giving you control over the grind size no matter what type of bean you’re grinding.
It also features an Optimal Water Pressure system that delivers the perfect amount of water pressure for extraction.
So why not treat yourself to a cup of freshly brewed espresso, made just the way you like it, with the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine. it is a great gift for any coffee lover.
Delonghi La Specialista Review
When it comes to enjoying a great cup of espresso, the De’Longhi La Specialista Espresso Machine with Sensor Grinder is in a class all its own. Featuring exclusive sensor grinding technology for precise, consistent grinding and the optimal dose for espresso. Plus a bean sensor that ensures you’ll never run out of beans while grinding, the De’Longhi La Specialista is perfect for anyone who takes their coffee seriously.
And with the smart tamping station that simply pulls the lever to tamp the ground coffee with the right pressure for perfect results, there’s no need to remove the portafilter, so you get to enjoy a mess-free experience.
The dual heating system ensures optimal coffee extraction and milk texturing, while the hot water spout is perfect for making Americanos. So whether you’re a coffee connoisseur or just looking for a great cup of coffee, the De’Longhi La Specialista Espresso Machine is the perfect choice.
One thermoblock for espresso brewing and steaming, and one for hot water dispensing. It provides excellent performance and long-lasting stability.
It provides excellent performance and long lasting stability. Pre-set your desired brewing temperature for repeatable results, cup after cup.
Comparison Table: Delonghi La Specialista Vs Breville Barista Express
|Model||Breville Barista Express||De’Longhi La Specialista|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||11 x 12 x 13.5 inches||15 x 14.48 x 17.5 inches|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Weight||23 pounds||29.7 Pounds|
|Water Tank Capacity||2 Liters||2 Liters|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||8.8 oz||8.8 oz|
|Power / Voltage||1600W/ 110–120 V||1450W/ 110–120 V|
|Pump Pressure||15 bars||19 bars|
|Interface||Dials and buttons||Dials and buttons|
|Grind settings||18 grind settings||6 grind settings|
|Can use non-pressurized filter||Yes||No|
|What I Like||Good espresso extraction|
Great milk froth
Can use both pressurized and non-pressurized filter baskets.
Included user-friendly instructions with troubleshooting section
Require less cleaning than other espresso machine
|Easy to set up and use|
No mess and waste using the built-in tamper
Heats up quickly
Make the americano with one press of a button.
Different Between: Breville Barista Express vs Delonghi la Specialista
- The Breville Barista Express has 18 grind settings while theDelonghi La Specialistaa has 6.
- Breville Barista Express’s grind settings are more fine, giving you greater control over your coffee grounds.
- The delonghi la specialista produces a coarser grind, which is better for espresso.
- The breville barista express can brew both espresso and coffee, while the delonghi la specialista can only brew espresso.
- The breville barista express has a built-in steam wand for frothing milk, while the delonghi la specialista does not.
- The breville barista express can brew coffee using the pour over method while the delonghi la specialista cannot.
- The breville barista express can also make cold brew coffee, while the delonghi la specialista cannot.
- The Breville Barista Express comes with a built-in burr grinder, whereas the DeLonghi La Specialista does not. The Breville Barista Express also has a slightly higher maximum pressure (15 bars vs. 14 bars), meaning that it can extract more flavour from the coffee beans. Finally, the Breville barista express has a higher maximum water temperature (195 degrees Fahrenheit vs. 184 degrees Fahrenheit), again meaning that it can extract more flavour from the coffee beans.
- The Breville Barista Express has a more sleek and modern design, while the Delonghi La Specialista has a more classic look.
- The Breville Barista Express comes with a built-in grinder, while theDelonghi La Specialista does not.
- The Breville also has a higher maximum pressure (15 bars vs 19 bars), and comes with a steaming wand, while the Delonghi does not.
In terms of performance, both machines are very good. The breville produces slightly better results in terms of espresso quality, but the difference is not significant. The delonghi is a bit faster, taking about 25 seconds to produce a shot of espresso, while the breville takes about 30 seconds.
Ease of use:
The Breville Barista Express is easier to use, with clear and concise instructions.
The delonghi la specialista requires a bit more experience to use, but once you get the hang of it, it’s just as easy to use.
Both machines make excellent coffee, but the Breville barista express has a slight edge in terms of coffee quality.
Value of Money:
The Breville Barista Express is a Less expensive than the delonghi la specialists.
Similarities: Delonghi La Specialista Vs Breville Barista Express
1.High Quality Integrated Grinder
Delonghi La Specialista and Breville Barista Express both come with an integrated grinder, giving you the maximum freshness in your coffee beans for the best espresso flavor.
2. Brewing Technology
Both machines are equipped with pre-infusion and temperature control technology for optimizing the extraction of espresso. Pre-infusion improves the uniformity of water flowing through the coffee grounds for a even flavor extraction while the temperature control keeps the brew temperature at the optimal level to avoid an unbalanced extraction which gives an ashy espresso taste.
3. Milk Frother
Delonghi La Specialista and Barista Express comes with milk steam wand for frothing milk.
Both have the same huge water tank capacity of 67 ounces and 500grams bean hopper.
5. User Interface
6. Hot Water Dispenser
There’s a hot water dispenser in both espresso makers.
The Breville Barista Express is the better machine for those who want more control over their coffee grounds and want to be able to brew both espresso and coffee. The delonghi la specialista is better for those who only want to brew espresso and do not need a steaming wand or the ability to make cold brew coffee.
Barista Express will make a better choice for aspiring Baristas who are serious about improving their coffee making skills. If you really want to experiment with the espresso taste, Barista Express gives you that freedom with its higher 18 grind levels compared to just 6 in Delonghi La Specialista.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Breville Barista Express worth it?
The Breville Barista Express is worth it because it is a great machine that can make high-quality espresso drinks.
The machine is made of high-quality materials and has a number of features that make it easy to use. It also comes with a number of accessories, including a milk frother and tamper, that allow you to create homemade espresso drinks with ease.
Finally, the machine is priced fairly, making it a great value for the money. If you are looking for a quality espresso machine, the Breville Barista Express is definitely worth considering.
What is the difference between the Breville Barista Express and Barista Pro?
The Breville Barista Express is a semi automatic espresso machine that allows you to grind the beans and tamp them into the portafilter. The Barista Pro is a fully automatic machine that does all of that for you–it grinds the beans, tamps them, and extracts the espresso shot.
So if you’re someone who wants more control over your espresso shots, then the Breville Barista Express would be a better choice. If you’re looking for something that’s easier to use and doesn’t require as much coffee know-how, then go with the Barista Pro.
Does Breville Barista Express make good coffee?
Brewing a great cup of coffee is all about the grind size, water temperature, and tamp pressure. The Breville Barista Express comes with a burr grinder that allows you to customise the grind size for each type of coffee bean. And with its PID controller, the water temperature is always consistent, so you can make sure your coffee is perfect every time. Plus, the Barista Express has a 15 bar Italian pump and a sturdy portafilter holder that ensures even pressure when tamping down the coffee grounds. So if you’re looking for an espresso machine that can help you make cafe-quality coffee at home, then the Breville Barista Express is definitely worth considering.
- Keurig K-Elite vs K-Supreme Plus: Which Is Better in 2022?
- Keurig k70 vs k75: Which One is Better In 2022
- Keurig k425 vs k200: (Which is Better In 2022)
- Keurig K15 vs K55: Which One is Right for You?
- Keurig K250 plus vs K250: Which One to Choose?
- Keurig k Mini vs k Slim: Which One is Better?
- Keurig k45 vs k250: (Which is Better In 2022)
- Difference Between Keurig 1.0 and 2.0
- Comparison of the Keurig K55 vs K50.
- Hamilton Beach 49980a vs 49980z: What Is the Difference?
- Nespresso Lattissima Pro vs Touch vs Plus: Which One is the Best?
- ICoffee RCB100 vs Keurig k55 – (Top Pick and Reviews)
- Icoffee vs Keurig – Which One Is Right For You?
- DeLonghi Lattissima Plus vs Pro. Which One is Right For You?
- Keurig k250 vs k475 – Which One is Right For You?
- Keurig Vue Cups Vs K Cups – What’s The Difference?
- Keurig vs French Press: Which One is Best For You?